Saturday, February 17, 2007

Miss Crankypants

I'm so glad this week is was crazy, home was crazy, and AF is just about here, so I'VE been crazy! We're remodeling our kitchen, so currently everything that was in the kitchen (about a bazillion appliances we've never used, 3 sets of dishes, and a bunch of other stuff, including the kitchen table) is now in the living room while Hubby and FIL install new cabinets. I was promised it wouldn't take more than 2 weeks, but we're in week 2, and so far the only thing that's been done is one side of the kitchen cabinets have been ripped out. UGHHH! The mess is driving me crazy. I'm an anal-retentive person by nature, and I like having everything in it's place. Having such chaos in the house does NOT make me happy, and it's been showing. I've been such a bear this week. The huge snowstorm we had this week didn't help. (But at least I got a snow day out of it, so I didn't mind *too* much!) Oh, and I have a sinus infection, so I'm all stuffed up on one side of my nose, and my head has been pounding all week. BOOO!

Yesterday after work I picked up my goddaughters/cousins V and K and their mom (my Aunt) and we drove to Connecticut to stay overnight for a cheerleading competition. They're 11 and 13, and I love them more than just about anything. (Which is why I drive them all over Hell's creation to watch them compete against other screaming, pre-teen, princesses LOL.) It was supposed to be a 3 hour drive, but that somehow turned into 5 hours with all the traffic. Between my stuffed-up sinuses and the idiot drivers, I think the girls got a nice lesson in road rage, courtesy of their favorite godmother :) Let's just say they probably learned some new swear words. Oops.

We finally got to the hotel around 10pm, and it was a dump. No, I take that back. Dump is a compliment for this place. We walked in the room, and the heat had been on full blast for who knows how many hours. We had to leave the door opened for a good 2 hours just to be able to breathe. (Did I mention we couldn't turn the heat down?!?) There were holes in the wall, burn holes in the ice bucket, and it had some nasty lingering odor coming from the bathroom. It was an Econo*lodge, so I wasn't expecting the Ritz, but I figured it wouldn't be too bad for only one night. I would've complained to the front desk, but the attendent there scared me. She looked like she would rather scratch my eyes out with her 5-inch bright green fingernails than give me the time of day. She was clearly sick the day they taught personality skills in kindergarten.

Because it was 1000 degrees in our room, and the people in the next room decided to have an all-night rager around 2AM, it was a long, sleepless night. 6AM came WAY too early, and the "continental breakfast" was neither "continental" nor "breakfast." I don't know who taught these people that a couple pieces of stale raisin bread (with no toaster) is considered breakfast, but I'm sure there's a special place in Hell for them. Luckily the competition was over around noon, so now I'm back home in my cluttered, crazy house.

Oh, and did I mention that on the way home today from CT my good buddy AF decided to show? Man, that beyotch knows how to make an a highway rest stop, no less!


Susan said...

Oh, yuck, yuck, and more yuck. I hope things start to get better for you!

Bumble said...

Sorry that beyotch arrived!! And at a rest stop too. How much more irrating could she be??

Baby Blues said...

She really knows how to make an entrance.
I hope things get less crazy.